If you are located over 100 miles (160 km) from and are unable to travel to an open, published test center, you may request that LSAC establish a nonpublished test center.
A nonpublished test center registration deadline is listed for each upcoming administration. You must adhere to the deadline listed for the region where you would like the center to be established. LSAC will not attempt to establish a nonpublished test center unless the request and the appropriate fees have been received by the deadline date.
- If you are requesting accommodated testing at a nonpublished test center, LSAC must also receive all required documentation relating to your condition in time to meet the appropriate nonpublished test center registration deadline.
- LSAC cannot establish nonpublished test centers in China.
- LSAC cannot establish nonpublished test centers in some locations for security purposes.
How to Submit Your Request
Your request must be submitted in writing and must include
- your LSAC account number
- the names of large cities near your preferred test location
- the basic LSAT fee
- the nonpublished test center fee
- which of the following alternatives you prefer, in case LSAC cannot accommodate your request:
- a refund of your test fee,
- the transfer of your registration at the same location to the next regularly scheduled test date, or
- placement in an alternative test center.
Because it takes additional administrative time to establish and open a center, LSAC recommends that you fax your request, including your credit card number and expiration date, to 215.968.1277 as early as possible.
However, if you are paying by check or money order, you should send your request to
ATTN: Nonpublished Test Center Request
662 Penn Street
Newtown PA 18940
After your request has been received, LSAC may also ask you to provide
- the name, street address, email address, and phone/fax numbers (including both country and city codes) of an educational institution where you would like to sit for the LSAT, and
- the name of a staff member who may be willing to supervise the test on the date for which you are registering. (The staff member cannot be a family member, friend, or your immediate supervisor.)
- Both the basic LSAT fee and the nonpublished test center fee must be paid each time a nonpublished center is requested.
- A nonpublished test center fee is required to establish a test location that is not open. If a center is listed as closed for a particular date, we will attempt to open it if the required fees are paid and the center supervisor is able to accommodate the request.
- All credit card payments will be charged in US dollars. Checks or money orders must be payable to Law School Admission Council (LSAC) in US or Canadian dollars.
The additional nonpublished test center fee is not covered by a fee waiver.
- Selection of a test center supervisor will be at the sole discretion of LSAC.