If you wish to verify or contest the machine scoring of your answer sheet after you have received your LSAT Score Report, you may request to have your answer sheet rescored by hand. If the handscoring results in a score that is different from the original machine scoring—higher or lower—the revised score will be mailed to you and the law schools to which you apply.
Requests to handscore your answer sheet must be made in writing and received no later than 60 days after the test date. Your request must include
- a copy of your LSAT Score Report
- your request for handscoring and the reason for your request
- your name, LSAC account number, and the last four digits of your Social Security or Social Insurance number
- the test date
- the test center name and code number
- a $100 ($95 CDN plus 5% GST) check or money order payable to LSAC, or the account number and expiration date of your VISA, MasterCard, DISCOVER, or American Express credit card
Send your request to
Law School Admission Council
662 Penn Street
PO BOX 2000-T
Newtown PA 18940-0995
LSAC will not handscore answers recorded in the test book.